Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Music, Summer & Cars

When I go out to paint I never know what I am going to run into.  The weather sometimes can be predictable but everything else is up to the universe...

As artist in residence at the Parsons Semminary Museum's "Par Sem Day" I had a perfect summer day, big crowds, and many cars to paint...


What a situation !  Had to make my way through hundreds of perfect models and just pick one to start with.  I went for the early 1900's class and settled in the deep shade with a blue grass band serenading me. Excellent spot! 



I usually paint standing up at my easel.  In this crowded throng I found it easier to be sitting.  I was lower than eye level.  Everyone got quiet as they got near me...    



...or didn't even notice me...which was totally fine with me, I could concentrate without interruptions. I was doing these fast.    

I only had a few hours. So I hustled and averaged 1- 1.5  hours per sketch. 

1922 Tan Ford, 6x12 watercolor on Rives BFK.

FRESH PAINT FRESH AIR ~ Postcards from Maine & New Hampshire  CLICK HERE

No comments:

Post a Comment