Tuesday, November 2, 2010

1962 Black Ford Galaxy Convertible

I was invited to be the artist in residence at Par Sem Day.  Parsonsfield Seminary is a museum in Parsonsfield, ME that hosts a huge annual antique car show every August.  When I first sat down to sketch a car it was an interesting experience. 
I thought of it as a still life en plein air and a sort of portrait in plein air... 

There were so any people around. I just sat down and started sketching. Before long they were stopping and looking at what I was doing. 


Seriously, I had 4 marks made and a crowd gathered!  
Someone told the owners of the car and they ran over.  Not much to look at with 4 marks!  

I did manage to finish it. 
1962 Black Ford Galaxy Ford  8x16 Pencil & Watercolor on Rives BFK

SELECTED SKETCHES & PAINTINGS ARE AVAILABLE FOR SALE LINK
FRESH PAINT, FRESH AIR ~ POSTCARDS FROM MAINE & NEW HAMPSHIRE LINK

No comments:

Post a Comment