Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Maine Plein Air Surprise

While driving around Wells Harbor checking out the views and looking for Maine plein air painters...

.... I spotted a guy painting way out on the walk way...I went over to say hello...

Heck !  It was Erik Minzner !

What a delight ! I know Erik thru FB and this is my first 3D encounter...in my own neighborhood!

Erik has the new rollsroyce of easels... a gloucester style designed easel named the "Stapleton Kearns" and made by "Take-it-Easel " hand made in Vermont. He gave me a guided tour of all its great features.


His slim 16 x 20 paint kit and palette sits on top of the cross braces. 

He carries the rest of his gear in a basic tool carrier.


What a strong sleek beauty!


The great new Eric Tobin designed feature - really handy.


And of course because Erik's a big guy he has a big umbrella...a solar beach umbrella that he clamps on to the easel.  A great set up for a painter who gets out there to paint. 
When my cheap gloucester copy wears out I'll definitely get one of these !
SEE MORE PLEIN AIR ADVENTURES AT:FRESH PAINT FRESH AIR

2 comments: